Junior 2.0 – educational complex for teaching robotics second generation
Building robots requires an understanding of cause and effect relationships, mathematical thinking, an understanding of how things happen in the real world. Soon, robotics education will become widespread, its prospects are enormous. To prepare children for learning robotics, Avrora Robotics developed Junior.
Junior 2.0 is an improved version of the first Junior, with an improved lidar, a new off-road system, a unique spatial frame, and is also lighter and more compact.
Junior is a small (1: 8) programmable counterpart of a real machine.
For advanced users, it is a platform for testing their own research projects in any scientific field.
The project is focused on physics and technology schools, universities, technology parks, quantoriums, and other centers of technical creativity.
Key features of the Junior 2.0
- Set of sensors 2D Lidar:
- Inertial navigation system
- Ultrasonic rangefinder system
- 8 mp camera
- Four wheel drive car.
- Increased cross-country ability.
- Suspension with shock absorbers.
- Swivel rubber wheels of the AII all-terrain vehicle.
- Aluminum frame and composite plastic body.
- Lots of holes for attaching additional sensors compatible with the device.
- A light weight.
- Protection of electronic components.
- Single board Raspberry Pi and optional communication box.
- Ability to distribute tasks between two processors.
- Create your own unique scenarios and firmware-based autonomous driving mode.
- Create your own scripts on the open source software server.
- Open source software update.
- Enhanced 360 degree scanning space lidar with 2 to 10 Hz zoom. The system measures distance data more than 8000 times per second.
- Improved off-road system
- The lightness and compactness of the new generation Junior 2.0 allow you to take it with you to any competition or test in a convenient box-case included in the kit.
- The unique space frame, consisting of two main parts, transforms the platform for a particular task with various combinations of attachments.
Specifications Junior 2.0
Length – 698 mm.
Width – 381 mm.
Height – 380 mm.
Weight – 8 kg.
Charging time – 4 hours.
The voltage on board – 7.5 V, 5 V.
Gradeability – 60 degrees.
Fording depth – 100 mm.
Acceptable environment temperatures range from – -10 to +40 Celsius.
Operating time, moving – 60 min.
Operating time, static – 90 min.
Maximum speed – 10 km/h.